This year rather than attending #MKTGNation Summit, Engagio took over Tabletop Tap House for an unforgettable ABM Next Level Experience. It was two action-packed days of ABM education, networking and fun.
If you weren’t able to make it out to San Francisco, we have you covered. Here are the top takeaways from our ABM Next Level sessions along with the slide deck from each.
Jon Miller, CEO & Co-Founder at Engagio, and Beki Scarbrough, VP of Marketing at ForgeRock
There’s certainly been a lot of excitement about ABM, but where are we at in the “ABM hype cycle” and how can we avoid the trough of disillusionment? Beki Scarbrough presented alongside Jon Miller and they talked about what is in store to make the 1:1 future a reality.
- ABM works wonders, but there aren’t any shortcuts – doing it right requires work (otherwise it’s just targeted demand gen in disguise).
- Stand out from the noise by focusing more resource on the best accounts to deliver customized value.
- Complex B2B deals require the human touch at every stage of the journey (not just Sales).
- Using data-driven ABM to target accounts, ForgeRock was able to achieve:
- 2.3X deal size
- Winning target accounts 54% of the time, which made up 70% of bookings
- 25% shorter deal cycles
Kris Rudegraap, CEO at Sendoso
Account-Based Engagement with direct mail and gifting allows you to stand apart from the rest. In a creative presentation, Kris engaged the audience by challenging participates – he wagered that he had 5 direct mail/gifting ideas you haven’t done through your marketing system. For each idea, if an audience member had in fact executed Kris’ idea before, he gave them cold, hard cash.
See the presentation for all 5 unique ideas.
- Direct Mail/Gifting isn’t as labor intensive as it used to be. Creating evergreen campaigns through integrations is a great way to create repeatable plays.
- Gifting has many use cases, from a door opening campaigns, getting executive buy-in, sales acceleration, and creating advocates.
- As a marketer, you want to create demand for your sales team, executing gifting and direct mail with Marketo allows you to do this at scale.
John Hurley, Head of Product Marketing at Radius
Coming off of a big announcement that day (Radius and Leadspace Join Forces), John Hurley leveraged the momentum and presented the secret to successful ABM. Well, the secret is that there is no secret. Here’s the winning formula: start with quality data, add the right orchestration tools and finish off with sales and marketing alignment. Of course, knowing what it takes is one thing, putting it all together is another.
View John’s slide deck to see what it takes to move from theory to successful practice.
- Great account & contact data is the foundation for all B2B marketing and selling.
- Finding your accounts doesn’t stop at selection…segment, score, monitor with different data types.
- Don’t let low contact coverage be your ABM obstacle. Address it continuously.
- B2B buyers act like consumers, and so should B2B advertisers. People-based marketing in B2B is essential for mass adoption.
Maneeza Aminy, CEO of Marvel Marketers
The Marvel Marketers new MMAP model (Marvel Marketers Adoption Path) was revealed in this presentation. This model will help you measure the adoption of marketing tools both from a scale and strategy point of view. The MMAP framework allows you to think through your Martech stack and understand how much and how effectively you are adopting each tool.
This isn’t the full slide deck (sorry, you had to be there), but take a look at some key slides here.
- Product Adoption Maturity is not Linear, so understanding your starting point allows you to MMAP (Marvel Marketers Adoption Path) your progress.
- Reaching Business Critical Adoption of a platform is striking the right balance of Strategy and Scale in an organization.
- Knowing the tell tale signs of Foundational and Pioneering adoption will allow you to plan your next steps in the right direction.
- Remember the Path is bluer where you water it.
Whether you were at the ABM Next Level Experience or across the street at Moscone West for Summit, we’d love to hear your key takeaways from last week.
The post Top Takeaways from the ABM Next Level Experience 2018 appeared first on Engagio.
About the Author
Brandon Redlinger is the Director of Growth at Engagio, and is obsessed with anything Account Based Marketing and Sales related. He has been in sales and marketing his entire career, leading teams across the country from NYC to Denver to the San Francisco Bay Area. Brandon is passionate about the intersection between technology and psychology, especially as it applies to growing companies. In his spare time, you will find him buried in a book, hitting the gym or on an adventure exploring the world.Follow on Twitter More Content by Brandon Redlinger